Firecore introduced a jailbreak app named Seas0nPass for Apple TV. This can be used only for Apple TV 2. You can create custom IPSW files and restore them in iTunes. This is very similar to the pwnage tool for iPod Touch and iPhone. You can download this jailbreaking application for free.
How to jailbreak Apple TV 2 ?
- Before starting the jailbreak process you need to check the iOS version of your Apple TV 2. If it is not 4.2.1 you must update it via iTunes.
- Extract Seas0nPass.zip
- Launch the Seas0nPass app and click on Create IPSW. Seas0nPass will create the IPSW files needed fro jailbreaking Apple TV 2.
- After that Seas0nPass will prompt you to connect your Apple TV 2 using a micro USB cable with power cable disconnected. You must press the menu button and play/pause button continuously for 7 seconds to put you Apple TV 2 in DFU mode.
- Tehered boot will get completed by the Seas0nPass automatically. When its complete you can disconnect the micro USB cable and plug in the HDMI power cable.
- You can now get your Apple TV 2 jailbroken.