Chronic Dev Team has developed GreenPois0n RC6 for jailbreaking Apple TV 2G. Here are the detailed steps to guide you for the jailbreak process.
- Click on the below links for downloading GreenPois0n RC6
- Connect Apple TV 2G (Power Off) with your computer using a micro USB cable. (Note: Please make sure that your Apple TV 2 is running on iOS version 4.2.1 before connecting, If not you have to update it using iTunes)
- Run GreenPois0n RC6. You can see a window prompting you to start the jailbreak process. Click on ‘Yes’ button.
- GreenPois0n will be asked for you to put your iOS device in DFU mode. Hold the ‘Menu’ and ‘Play’ buttons for 7 secs to put Apple TV in DFU mode.
- After that click on the GreenPois0n jailbreak button. Be patient for some minutes to complete the process.
- Your iOS device (Apple TV 2G) is successfully jailbroken now.