Many of the Ubuntu users like to change the default Ubuntu themes eventhough it has an awesome theming system. Try to visualize Windows 7 on your Ubuntu system. Yeah, It looks pretty awesome with its transparency. Win 7, It will not deliver you an exact look of Windows 7 but it will be closer enough.
How to install Win 7 theme ?
- Open your terminal window and paste the below commands
sudo wget http://web.lib.sun.ac.za/ubuntu/files/help/theme/gnome/win7-setup.sh
sudo chmod 0755 ~/win7-setup.sh
- These commands will download the theme file and prompt you to start the installation process. Click on ‘OK’ button to continue.
- After that a pop up window will get opened and ask you to press ‘Yes’ if you want to continue the process. Installation process will depend on your internet connection speed. Be patient for some time. A new window will be shown.
- Click ‘OK’ and open the terminal window again and paste the below text.
- Win 7 theme starts running on your system. A few seconds later you will be asked to log out and login to complete the set up process. Do it. You are done. Enjoy Win 7 theme.
How to uninstall Win 7 theme ?
If you are not satisfied with this Win 7 theme you can restore your old theme in simple steps. There is no automatic uninstallation for win 7 theme. Open the home folder. You can see a file named ‘win7-uninstall.tar.gz’. Open that file using your archive manager and there you can find your home folder. Double click on it. There is a file named ‘.gconf’. Extract that file to your home folder. Logout and login for completing the process.