It’s been more than a month since Apple released the future Mac, OS X Lion to the public. But many of the users are still disappointed with the latest release, because of its compatibility issues with some of the popular applications. If you want to downgrade OS X Lion to Mac’s previous version Snow Leopard, here is the complete guide for the action.
How to perform restore operation using Time Machine backup utility ?
Time Machine is a backup utility which was developed by Apple. You can perform this method if you have created a backup before you upgraded your system to Lion.
- Switch on your Mac device.
- Press ‘Alt’ key (Only after you hear the boot tone).
- You can see a ‘Restore HD’ option which will be displayed after the Alt key press. Select it. This is for booting Mac OS X Lion in recovery mode.
- After your machine gets restarted, select the first option from the four. ie ‘Restore from Time Machine backup’. Click continue and follow according to the instructions given there.
- That’s all. Restart your system makes the process successfully completed.
Note: This tutorial will not work on Mac machines which are released after the arrival of OS X Lion.