iPhone Dev Team has seeded the most significant Redsn0w update with a lot of key features like, it’ll jailbreak your iOS without any IPSW selection. Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 will automatically detect the iOS version and download the required files from Apple servers. In addition to that, this latest jailbreak tool will keep those files in its cache, hence you need not download it again for any future actions. But in the case of beta versions of iOS 5 you need to download the full IPSW files. Functionality is limited in iOS 5 beta versions because those are still not available to the public. You must have an Apple developer account to download iOS 5 beta update. And aslo you cannot jailbreak iPad 2 with this redsnow release, if you want to jailbreak your Apple iPad try jailbreakme method on iOS 4.3.3. Here is the complete tutorial to jailbreak iPad 2 on iOS 4.3.3 using jailbreakme.
I’m gonna list you the significant features that iPhone Dev Team has been added in redsn0w 0.9.9b1.
- This version redsn0w is able to detect the iOS firmware files automatically via DFU mode.
- It automatically takes IPSW files of iOS version directly from Apple which are already released to public. But like i mention in the introduction, the case is different when the iOS version is beta. You need to add those files manually using ‘Select IPSW ‘option there in redsn0w, only once. Caches will provide it for the future use.
- Tethered boot option(‘Just Boot’) is inbuilt in redsnow itself, there is no need to use any other boot utilities for that purpose.
- No need to put your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into DFU mode manually, ‘Pwned DFU’ option will serve you.
- A lot of options are included in the latest version redsn0w for SHSH blobs like fetch, submit etc.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 [Windows]
Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 [Mac]
Share your experience after using this tool for jailbreaking your device.
Stay tuned with us via Twitter and Facebook. We will keep you updated about the latest redsn0w releases and jailbreak news.